...

My photo
Miami, FL, United States
THIS BLOG IS ABOUT RANDOM SHIT, MUSIC, AND THE STUFF YOU WANT TO KNOW ABOUT..... AND ABOUT ME, LEMASTANLEY (@lemastanley on twitter), I'M A NERDY METALHEAD, I LOVE PHOTOGRAPHY AND DOCTOR WHO... ALSO I'M WEIRD AS FUCK. I HOPE YOU ENJOY THE BLOG... P.D. I'M EUROPEAN

VIEWERS

Sunday, May 13, 2012

MOZART'S SKULL





Mozart’s gravedigger, Joseph Rothmayer, took this skull from its grave ten years after Mozart was buried with five others, in 1791. Rothmayer had attached a wire to the skull so he would know which was the composer*’s . In 1902, the skull came into the possession of the Mozarteum.
In 2006, the Mozarteum tested the skull’s DNA against relatives of Mozart, and results were inconclusive. The skull shows it received a blow about a year before death, which matches Mozart’s descriptions of headaches in the last year of his life.

No comments:

Post a Comment