...

My photo
Miami, FL, United States
THIS BLOG IS ABOUT RANDOM SHIT, MUSIC, AND THE STUFF YOU WANT TO KNOW ABOUT..... AND ABOUT ME, LEMASTANLEY (@lemastanley on twitter), I'M A NERDY METALHEAD, I LOVE PHOTOGRAPHY AND DOCTOR WHO... ALSO I'M WEIRD AS FUCK. I HOPE YOU ENJOY THE BLOG... P.D. I'M EUROPEAN

VIEWERS

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

SEARCHLIGHTS, 1940-1945




A Douglas Dakota of the British Overseas Airways Corporation at Gibraltar, silhouetted by searchlights on the Rock, 1940-45





An aerial photograph taken during an air raid on Berlin, with the wavy lines of searchlights and anti-aircraft fire, 1941





Searchlights on the Rock at Gibraltar, 1942





An aerial photograph of a bombing raid on Cologne, 1942 - the streaks are the tracks of searchlights and tracer bullets from anti-aircraft fire





An Avro Lancaster on the runway before taking off for an air raid, with searchlights indicating the height of the cloud base, 1943





ATS officers-in-training operate a searchlight, 1944





An Avro Lancaster on a lit runway, 1941-45


Source: Imperial War Museum

No comments:

Post a Comment