...

My photo
Miami, FL, United States
THIS BLOG IS ABOUT RANDOM SHIT, MUSIC, AND THE STUFF YOU WANT TO KNOW ABOUT..... AND ABOUT ME, LEMASTANLEY (@lemastanley on twitter), I'M A NERDY METALHEAD, I LOVE PHOTOGRAPHY AND DOCTOR WHO... ALSO I'M WEIRD AS FUCK. I HOPE YOU ENJOY THE BLOG... P.D. I'M EUROPEAN

VIEWERS

Monday, August 1, 2011

It’s a close call between Vincent and The Doctor and The Girl in the Fireplace, but I think I have to go with The Girl in the Fireplace, not at last because it has my favourite Doctor (Ten) and companion (Rose), but also because of Sophia Myles who did a terrific job as Reinette / Madame de Pompadour.
The whole plot is really cool - The Doctor, Rose and Mickey find an abandoned space ship which has a fireplace (and other “windows”) that leads to 18th century France. The Doctor encounters a girl called Reinette at different times in her life and eventually finds out that andorids, which are wonderfully steam-punk-esque want to abduct her, which he has to prevent.
The actors are all awesome and there’s good chemistry between David Tennant and Sophia Myles, they actually have a small love story. The risks that he takes to help out Reinette further established Ten’s character, as this is one of the first episodes of this regenration, and make love him even more.
Also, those costumes and sets! Even if the plot of this episode wasn’t so exciting, I’d have loved to watch this episode just for its visual appeal.
And there is this wonderful scene of the drunk Doctor in the end - ” Well, among other things, I think I may have just invented the banana daiquiri a few centuries early.”

No comments:

Post a Comment