...

My photo
Miami, FL, United States
THIS BLOG IS ABOUT RANDOM SHIT, MUSIC, AND THE STUFF YOU WANT TO KNOW ABOUT..... AND ABOUT ME, LEMASTANLEY (@lemastanley on twitter), I'M A NERDY METALHEAD, I LOVE PHOTOGRAPHY AND DOCTOR WHO... ALSO I'M WEIRD AS FUCK. I HOPE YOU ENJOY THE BLOG... P.D. I'M EUROPEAN

VIEWERS

Monday, August 1, 2011

gracemd:

Day 03: Favorite quote or one liner from Doctor Who?

Hold my hand, Doctor. Try to see what I see. We’re so lucky  we’re still  alive to see this beautiful world. Look at the sky. It’s  not dark and  black, without character. The black is in fact deep blue.  And over  there, lighter blue. And blue and through the blueness and the   blackness, the wind swirling through the air. And then shining,  burning,  bursting through through the stars. And you see how they throw  their  light. Everywhere we look, complex magic of nature blazes before  our  eyes.

That always brings tears to my eyes. Yes I would have been tempted to go with “Allonsy” or “Trust me, I’m the Doctor.” or “Run”. I was very tempted to use “In 900 years of time and space I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important before.”. But I’m going with this because it moves everyone. Vincent Van Gogh is one of those characters in history that we all misunderstand. This episode and this quote in particular makes us see the world more clearly from his point of view. I too look up to the sky and see the stars so differently now because of this quote.
I know the Doctor didn’t say this line but it encompasses everything that the Doctor stands for. To him every creature, every planet is something beautiful and wonderful that needs to be looked at with a clear understanding and an open mind. So yes, I’m taking the quote from “Vincent and the Doctor” simply because it is precious in itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment